Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Update from Berlin

It is cold, cold cold.

And I am stupid, stupid, stupid.

The first thing I saw when I came out of the U-bahn was the Erenst and Young, so I thought I would take a picture for John. Except my camera wouldn't turn on. I opened it up and sure enough, the battery is gone. Way to go! I took it out to charge it and, wary of this exact danger, warned myself to double check that I put it back in. Which I thought I did. Apprantly not. Win.

It is not the worst thing to have forgotten, but it is ONE of the worst, when you are as addicted to taking pictures as I am. I am sure my mother is turning over in her grave.

I guess I'll have to see if I can borrow a camera from the people I am staying with, otherwise buy a disposable one, ick.

Other than the fact my shutter finger is itching, Berlin so far is great (if grey). It's enough to make a histroy nerd such as myself tingle with glee. Berlin walls, Brandenburg gates, memorials to murdered Jews of Europe, kitchy street performers dressed as DDR soldiers selling passport stamps to non-exsistent countries (I know I probably shouldn't have him put it in my real passport.... yet so tempting!!!)

No comments: